Creative Youth Boot Camp
Problem: Nigeria has become the Poverty Capital of the World. Six people fall into poverty every minute in Nigeria (Bloomberg). Over 62% of Nigerians live in extreme poverty with youths 35 years and under constituting about 70% of the population of Nigeria (Sahara Reporters).
Solution: Develop a sustainable value chain for young people to create wealth.
Creative Youth Boot Camp [CYBC]
Young creatives aged 16-25 years old are taught soft skills such as communication, critical thinking, problem solving, team building, public speaking, timeliness, enterprise development and project management using tools in performance and creative arts for a period of three to six weeks. Beneficiaries of this initiative have innate talents in music, dance, drama, visual arts, poetry, creative writing, presentation, spoken word, fashion e.t.c
After the training, they are placed on internships in creative and corporate organisations for a minimum of three months. Youths who desire to go into business are groomed and connected to networks and opportunities that will enable them start up their own creative enterprises.
- Train five thousand youths by year 2025.
- Engage and place the most outstanding of them on internships.
- Connect participants to mentors aligned to their area of interest
- Increase the alumni pool of young people making a sustainable living doing what they love.
- Young people secure jobs.
- Young people start up their own businesses.
- Young people have increased incomes.
- Validate the premise that arts can be used for positive social and economic transformation.